You have a court order for supervised visitation. Now what?
- Call Heaven’s House- After you have gone to court then you will need to set up an intake appointment. As professional providers, there are multiple laws that we must adhere to. In addition, we have guidelines in place to ensure the maximum amount of safety during visitations and exchanges. It is REQUIRED that both parties are informed of these safety rules and facility guidelines. Both parties will have to undergo an intake process at separate times before services can be provided, without exception. It can take up to a week(or more) for services to start, depending on our calendar availability, and the cooperation of both parties in completing the intake process.
- Complete the Intake- Make sure you bring all the required documentation, as stated in the initial phone call, to your intake appointment. It is imperative that you keep your appointment. In the event that you must reschedule you must do so at least 4 hours prior to the appointment. If we do not receive proper cancellation then you will be required to pay a $25 rescheduling fee. Our staff will not conduct an intake without accepting payment first.
- Other Party- In order to move forward with the visitation the other party must come in for an intake as well. Even if you come in for your intake the other party must complete theirs or no visitation can occur.
What if the other party does not come in for an intake?
Heaven’s House will attempt to contact the other party via phone or through their attorney to set up an intake appointment. If we are unsuccessful in doing so then we will provide you with a document stating your intake completion date and our attempts to contact the other party.
There is a $35 dollar intake fee per party. However, depending on what your court order states, you could be responsible for your intake fee as well as the other party. If you are the visiting parent and your court/minute order states that you are responsible for all or 100% fees associated then your intake fees will amount to $70. If the court order does not specify this detail then both parties are responsible for their individual $35 intake fee.
Below is the intake process for the Custodial Parent and then the Non-custodial parent:
Custodial Parents are required to bring the following items to the intake appointment:
1. Color photos of the minor child(ren) or they can be emailed to email@example.com
2. The most recent court/minute order.
3. A picture ID of yourself.
4. Optional: you may bring your child(ren) to get them acquainted with the facility and/or allow them to ask questions.
When you arrive the monitor will accept the $35 payment if you are required to pay. We will then sit down with you and write down your information for our records and review the court order. We will read to you the rules and guidelines of which you will sign and receive the copy. Most importantly, we will show you your designated entrance you must use at all times. For the remainder of the intake, we will explain how we monitor the visitation sessions, then answer any additional questions you may have. At the end of the intake, you will receive a tour of the facility.
Non-Custodial Parents(visiting parents) are required to bring the following items to the intake appointment:
1. The most recent court/minute order.
2. A picture ID of yourself.
3. Proof of income to qualify for the sliding scale fee rate. Review the hourly fees here.
* If you do not have proof of income or the lack thereof then you will automatically be quoted at our standard hourly fee rate of $55 an hour, without exception. We do not accept bank statements as proof of income.
When you arrive the monitor will accept the $35 payment. If you are ordered to pay the other parties $35 intake fee you may pay it at this time or at another time but intake fees must be paid in full before visitation can occur. We will sit down with you and write down your information for our records and then review the court order. We will read to you the rules and guidelines of which you will sign and receive the copy. Most importantly, we will show you your designated entrance you must use at all times. For the remainder of the intake, we will explain how we monitor the visitation sessions, then answer any additional questions you may have. At the end of the intake, you will receive a tour of the facility.
We hope this post has clarified the required first steps to obtain services at Heaven’s House. If you have any more questions please contact us at 661-324-5437